Saturday 28 September 2013

What I've Been Up To Recently

Hi guys! Some of you may have noticed that I haven't blogged in almost a month. This is down to a few reasons, but mainly going back to college so having a bit of work to do and MY CAMERA'S BROKEN! I'm devastated to say the least. For the past four years, I have taken it everywhere with me and documented everything, and now that it's gone I feel like I've lost a limb haha. It broke a few days before me my birthday, when I had numerous days out and blog posts planned so just my luck really. It's even more annoying because if it had broken sooner, I could have asked for one for my birthday. I'm struggling without it so I am considering dipping into my university/New York funds as I'm not sure I can wait until Christmas! All photos in this post were taken on a mobile, so I apologise for the poor quality. Trust me, none of you will find it anywhere near as annoying as I do haha! On a more serious note, before my camera broke I was actually getting into blogging and getting a fair amount of views (a fair amount for someone who'd only been blogging for a month anyway) so when I could no longer upload, those views obviously dwindled. Hopefully they'll go back up again as I continue to blog, as I'm enjoying this much more than I thought I would. Anyway, as it's my first post in a while, I thought I'd do a quick catch-up of a few things I've been  up to recently. :)


First up was the annual dance festival. For me, this normally includes six dances meaning six costume changes in very short periods of time and a lot of stress! This year was much more relaxed though and I actually got to sit down and enjoy it for one. At the end of May, I managed to break my left elbow, two bones in my left wrist and pull my shoulder ligaments so I missed a lot of dance, and with my arm still not being back to normal, I only danced once this year. I was a bit upset about it all considering the work we'd put in all year, but it was lovely to be able to watch from the crowd and cheer everyone on. Even though I was only dancing once, this still meant ridiculous amounts of practices, dress rehearsals and costume fittings. We had to cut up our own tops, and I asked one of my best friend's Alba to do mine. As much as I trust her, I was slightly worried that she was going to stab me with the scissors! 



This all went by ridiculously fast, so before we knew it, it was time for the actual dance show. I've been dancing for about four years now. Our dance teacher who is much more like a friend to us now is amazing. She's hard on us when she needs to be, but makes all classes extremely fun. She's incredibly popular in town and teachers class for any age group. I think the youngest group are about three, and the oldest eighty, which is amazing to watch. I've included some pictures from this years show, as well as some from previous years.



just a few of my dances from the past few years.

The obligatory "We have a dressing room to ourselves so let's take stupid photos". This also made me realise that I always seem to have my mouth open in photos. Hm, I don't think this is good.


After this, we all went out for some tapas. Unfortunately it chucked it down that day so it resulted in quite a lot of people cramming into a very small bar all shouting over the top of each other. This is actually just a typical night out in Spain but I'm still not quite used to everyone just leaving their things lying around and no one running off with them, or strangers coming up to me and giving me a hug, asking how I am and telling me how much they enjoyed the show. 

That night, Alba came to sleep at my house! We stayed up until about 4am, talking about everything and anything and watching some films, although Alba fell asleep during the second one haha. We also made the most unhealthy drink ever; chocolate milk with mini marshmallows, sprinkles, chocolate, oreos and digestives. It probably contained about 1000 calories, but it was definitely worth it. We also had some more chocolate during the film, but let's not talk about that. The next day we caught the train into town to do some birthday shopping! As mine and Alba's birthdays were rapidly approaching, we decided it would be a much better idea to point things out that we liked to each other than to risk buying something that the other person wouldn't like. We set a budget and off we went! It was definitely successful, but more on that in another post. We came home with our purses a few euros lighter (AKA empty) having spent about 80 euros between us, but it was our birthdays and we were allowed to treat ourselves... Or at least that's what we told our parents...
Slightly disappointed that we didn't get a photo of our outfits, but this is the best I could do. Despite it looking like I took this whilst driving, I can assure you that I didn't haha.

Fast forward a few weeks and here I am. I'm now one year older (sob), back into the routine of getting up every morning and going to college and still none the wiser on what I want to do with my future. I guess you could say I'm going through a bit of a mini existential crisis! 

The only interesting thing worth blogging about that's happened this week is that I went out for dinner last night with some friends, just so that we could have a bit of a catch-up and see what's going on in each other's lives. This get together should have gone on longer, but it seems that despite it still being so warm during the day, Autumn is beginning to arrive as it started to rain! I've actually missed the rain and love Autumn and Winter, but I was wearing suede shoes and was terrified I was going to get them wet! 


What I'm wearing:
Leggings - H&M 9,99€
Blouse - Bershka, 12,99€
Boots - H&M, 30€
Clutch - Primark, 4,99€
Watch - D&G, this was a present, so I have no idea how much it cost! It's white leather with a gold rim, and gold numbers.
Ring: Bijou Brigette, in Portugal. I have also seen this in London and Málaga, so know it's available in other countries. It cost 9,99€, is gold and the oval is baby blue colour.
Bracelets - they're friendship bracelets, along with my T in the Park Wristband and a spiked, gold bracelet that I got for my birthday.


Photo number four: pull the ugliest face you can. Admittedly it's probably not the ugliest, but it comes pretty close.



So, I guess that's it! I purposely missed my birthday out, as I plan on doing a separate post on that which should hopefully be up by tomorrow night. I plan on spend the rest of weekend reading, doing Biology homework and some Physics revisions, drinking tea and eating ridiculous amounts of chocolate. Oh, the joys of studying Medicine! Admittedly I probably should get dressed at some point but it's a bit grey and miserable outside so I'm probably going to end up staying into my pyjamas until Monday morning. Yay for weekends! What do you all plan on doing this weekend? 

No comments:

Post a Comment