Wednesday 18 February 2015

Trends For 2015.

I'm almost certain that I'm Carrie Bradshaw reincarnated, hoping to move to New York and find the two big L's - Love and Labels. I probably read Vogue just as much as her too. Well, I would if she happened to be a real person. Thanks to me practically basing my life on Carrie/SJP, I like to think I know a bit about fashion: what looks good, what works best with what and trends. That last one is definitely a tough one for many, but hopefully this post will help you with that. Here are some of the things that I'll be purchasing over the next few months...

  • Camel Coats: Up until recently, a leather jacket was #1 on my fashion wishlist. It took pride position for a massive three years before I finally found the perfect one. It's now been replaced with a camel coloured coat, and I can only hope that it doesn't take me that long to find one. Just imagine how great I'd look in my camel coat and knee/thigh high boots...
  • Fresh & Dewy Make-Up: This is one trend that I won't be following, mainly due to the fact that I have a face shaped like a football. No bone structure, very round and baby cheeks. Don't the fashion and beauty world know that I need my bronzer?! I'm sure I've made it clear... Now isn't the time to tell me Anna Wintour doesn't know who I am, I'm already heartbroken at the thought of people storing their bronzers away for good. Jokes aside, I do actually love this trend - it's just not for me.

  • Shirtdresses: This is a great look and is very easy to take from day to night. There are so many ways that you can wear a shirtdress - you could go for a denim version, or perhaps a crisp white shirt, both of versions are trends in their own right.
  • White Shirts: Easily one of my favourite trends. Just like the shirtdress, there are so many ways that you could wear this. It's also incredibly easily to combine multiple trends with just this simple piece of clothing that can easily make any outfit look chic. They look great worn as a shirtdress and would be great paired with a camel coat (see where I'm going with this?). H&M currently offer a great collection.
  • Knee/ high boots: I can't decide whether I love or hate this trend. I want to love it, the amount of pairs I've tried on is proof of that but the fact I can't seen to find a pair that doesn't make me look like a prostitute or Peter Pan isn't helping. Any suggestions? I just want to look like Rosie Huntington Whiteley (Burberry poncho optional).


  • Yellow: I know, yellow isn't for everyone, but I'm not talking about a bright canary yellow. Think of the possibilities - amber, saffron, marigold, mustard (a huge trend in itself). I actually treated myself to a yellow blazer some time last year but, up until now, I've been too scared to wear it out. I think 2015 is the year I star taking my own advice and wear my yellow blazer. Oh, and apparently blondes can't wear yellow? Myth. Just look at Emma Stone and Kim Kardashian. It's about finding out which shades works for you.


  • Military Greens: Though many designers hit the ground running with this particular trend, incorporating full on army head gear and other miliary-style pieces, I'm all about the 'less is more approach'. Anna Wintour herself has already been seen wearing multiple pieces of clothing of this shade, so it must be true - military green is in.

  • Colour: Last year it was all about prints; stars, hearts, animal - you name it, we saw it. This year, as the previous two trends mentioned, it's just about one thing: colour. I'm not talking about colour blocking, no, I'm all about one colour à la Kendall Jenner in a red suit AND shoes or Solange in a hot pink version.



Which trends will you be following this year?
Have I missed any?
Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment