Thursday 4 August 2016

Let's Have a Chat...

It's weird to think that, this time three weeks ago, I was on a fifteen hour and then a nine hour flight back from Australia. It's hard to believe that my six month Australian adventure has come to an end. I spent my last day in the most touristy way possible; on Bondi Beach in my Aussie hoodie and in a very hungover state. I left with new tattoos, new friends and plenty of new (some slightly fuzzy) memories and exciting stories to tell. Unfortunately for me, I came down incredibly ill on the plane. My best friend arrived at Heathrow airport and came running towards me, ready for a happy reunion, only for me to sink to the floor in hysterics, demanding to be taken to A&E.

Three days in and out of hospital later, and I was finally ready to actually get out of bed and do something other than sleep and take a rather large amount of antibiotics. I spent another week in London, catching up with old friends and getting up to new adventures (though no where near as much as I would have liked) and then decided to fly 3000 miles to Spain, where my Mam lives, and surprise her for her birthday. I've been here two days now and I'm pretty sure she's still crying. She's also like a little lost puppy, following me from room to room and table to table. Ironically, my dog is doing the same. I think they're both worried I'm going to disappear for nine months again. I plan on staying in Spain for a whole month, which will be the longest I've gone without getting on a plane in a very long time, but it's nice to be back in the place where I grew up.


I can't believe how fast this year has gone, the amount of countries and cities I've visited, the friends I've made and the adventures I've gone on. I'd say it's a pretty good year. 


Here's to many more adventures.
What have you been up to recently?
Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment