Monday 30 December 2013

A Winter Hike

Hello everyone! I hope you're all well and enjoying your time off. We have finally finished all the turkey and all the other leftovers, but I am still craving pigs in blankets and chocolate. Why does Christmas always seem to fly by?! As much I'd love to celebrate Christmas 365 days of the year, I'm sure there would be slight pandemonium throughout the world and nearly everyone would go bankrupt but maybe it would be worth it... No? Just me then.

Anyway, back to the matter in hand, and that is of course a brand new blog post for all you people! I recently blogged about the surprise and sheer horror of me actually getting dressed everyday during the Christmas period and something else I've done on a daily basis is go for a run or a hike! Trust me, this is even more shocking than me getting dressed. I feel like I need to have a sit down just thinking about it but alas, straight after I've finished this post I plan on going on (brace yourselves) another run! 
I'd always planned on starting exercising a little more regularly in 2014, it was actually one of my new years resolutions. I do two hours of sport at College each week and then do an hours dance class once a week but it's not really enough. Most of our sports classes tend to consist in my friends and I laughing a little bit too much for our teacher's liking and dodging the ball, so I guess those don't really count. I'm not exercising to lose weight, just to get fit as I'd like to be able to walk up the stairs without getting out of breath and wanting to crawl on my hands and knees... 

When I first told a few people about my first run they warned me that I was going to hurt A LOT but four days later and four runs in and I feel absolutely fine. This could have something to do with the fact that other than the hour I spend running, I spend all of my time in bed. 

I always find that it is much more fun to run with friends, and if I feel like exercising on my own then I find that all I need is my camera, iPod and a bottle of water. I find listening to music while I run really motivating, plus my iPod has a pedometer on it. I always take my camera with me too as I find that, should I need a break, it's nice to stop and take some pictures.

Here are some photos that I took on my run the other day. It started off as quite a warm and sunny day but the further I got, the colder is got and the more the dark clouds came out. My neighbours are away in England at the moment so I am looking after their dogs so decided to take them with me. 







And here is what I wore: 




This one was more of a hike then a run so I wore Converse. Probably not the best shoes to wear on rough terrain and long journeys and they have no grip but at least their comfy! I always take this little backpack with me to save having to carry things or putting things in my pocket.

I hope you enjoyed this short post and, most of all, I hope you all have a wonderful New Year's Eve! 
Do you have anything special planned? Let me know in the comments below! I am still trying to decide what to wear...

 ❤❤

No comments:

Post a Comment