Tuesday 10 December 2013

Favourite memories - July to December

☃ ❄

Hi, everyone! Today's post is the second round of my 2013 memories, this time ranging from July to November. As we're only a third of the way through December and I'm currently drowning in exams, I haven't actually taken that many photos this month, hence why December will not be included in this post. The only photos I've taken are ones' that I have used in a blog post or of my Christmas tree. I'm sure that come January, I will be filling you in with all my December memories.

July: First up is my graduation and formal. Technically this all happened half way through June, but as all the celebrations continued on into July and my last blog post was slightly full, I figured I'd add it in here.

We don't do a proper prom here, instead we just go out for a fancy meal and then to a bar before eventually staggering into school the next day at 8am to say goodbye to all of our teachers. Our teachers do actually do all of this with us but end up going home at around 2am as they have to work the next day! It was one of the best nights of my life but extremely  bittersweet as it was the last time I saw a few of these people, and quite a few of us are now in different courses but we're all keeping in touch. 

A few people actually fell asleep in the bar at about 4am which was brilliant. Brilliant for us anyway, as the people that fell asleep ended up with whipped cream and cakes on their face. We eventually left at about 7am after endless hours of karaoke and dancing. About 7 or 8 of us walked all the way through town to go and get some breakfast before going and throwing cakes to the crowds of people outside school. Brilliant. 





After all my graduation and  formal celebrations, there was time for a quick trip to see Monsters University with Alba before I flew to the UK. We are both obsessed with Monsters Inc and all things Disney/Pixar. This may have only been a quick trip out, but it still stands out in my mind as the small moments count just as much as the big. 




July and August were easily my favourite months of the year. Yes, mainly because it's Summer, but also because I could just do whatever I want and seemed to do much stuff. I was never in the house, instead choosing to enjoy every moment. 

I spent half of my time in the UK visiting friends and family that I hadn't seen in a while, as well as travelling up to Scotland with my good friend Jessie, where we went to T in the Park festival! This meant five days of camping, junk food, face paint, parties and of course, live music! It also meant no showers and portaloos for five days but we'll gloss over that. It was the most perfect five days ever. It was sooo hot (about 35 degrees!) so we got a tan which is always a bonus, though it did meant that instead of mud, there a a LOT of dust which got everywhere. I looked like a child that had been sent down the mines. I met some of the most wonderful people, who I have kept in contact with, and got to Rihanna, Mumford and Sons, The Killers, Snoop Dog and so many other artists live! I also got to meet Greg James, Edith Bowman Rudimental, Tom ODell and Bastille. I got Tom's signature and a picture of Greg but, THE WORST THING HAPPENED; I forgot my camera!! Well, to be precise, I took my camera but left the battery pack charging at my brother's house. I was so devastated that I almost cried. Luckily, I was able to buy a disposable camera which obviously wasn't as good as having my proper camera there, but at least I got to document some of these memories. I'm such a bad procrastinator, or good, depending on how you look at it, that I actually still haven't gotten the photos developed. This is definitely one of my new year's resolutions haha. 

Here are a few pictures of my time in England: 

Meg and I. These photos were taken 10 years apart in the exact same spot.
oops

Either I am incredibly tall or everyone else is short.

"rowing" with three broken bones
we went back to my old house
and then went for a swim in the river...
August: Once I arrived back in Spain, it was time to spend a week in the sun with my favourite person in the world, Meg. Thankfully I didn't have a cast on this time, though I still had limited movement and it still hurt quite a lot. Yes, I went to a music festival with 100,000 people with a broken elbow, wrist and thumb plus torn shoulder ligaments. 

We spent a lot of time relaxing in the sun, swimming and spending time with other friends, as well as being our usual crazy, stupid selves.

skivvy's 

teaching Lucia and Edesa how to fight. We're responsible, honest
Paul is trying to hit Meg over the head with a rolling pin and it's brilliant

cheers, MEG
literally our friendship in a picture
cuddles with my luce
power nap...


After Meg had gone home, some close family friends along with 15 family members came to stay. The close family friends are basically family to us, and are basically my second parents. They see me as a daughter so this means I get to go to exciting places and they take me shopping and buy me new clothes. It's a win-win situation for everyone! Well, maybe not for Julia and Jed as I make them spend an hour in one shop, while they sit on a bench and I run around the place, up and down the four floors, trying to decide what to buy. This particular trip, we went to a donkey sanctuary, a flamingo park, Málaga, shopping and also to Málaga feria. 





September: The arrival of September meant it was almost time to go back to school, which meant we were determined to spend our last three weeks having the best time possible and that's exactly what we did. This was also the month that I started my blog! It's hard to believe it's already been a few months. As this was the month I started my blog, my favourite memories are mainly already documented on this post but I still thought I'd share a few photos anyway.

We started with a trip to the beach, which I wrote a blog post about so I'll spare you all the details but feel free to click here to be directed to that post. :) 





Next was a fun day of playing games and going out for tea. Click here to see that.




And finally, September also meant that it was both mine and Alba's birthday! Again, I've already written a post on that so click here to see it. It was a brilliant month spent with my favourite people. 



Even though most of you will have probably seen those pictures, I thought it would be fitting to add in a few of my favourite photos from each of those events. 

October: During the month of October, I got to spend another weekend with two of my favourite people; Alba and Noelia. This was easily one of my weekends of 2013. I'm sure it will still with me forever. We took so many photos that I made a separate blog post about it, but here are some of my favourites: 





Before we knew it, it was time to Halloween. Despite me thinking you're never too old to go trick o' treating, my friends and I decided to spend halloween at my house, having a sleepover and watching scary films. Admittedly, the latter didn't happen as we ended up chatting all the way through it but it's the thought that counts, right? I've also included two photos from the night before halloween, when we all went out for tea. 





November: And this brings us to the final month of my blogmas! Despite December being an exciting month, I've been so busy with exams that my friends and I haven't been able to go out anywhere! No doubt as we break up for the Christmas holidays we'll be out everyday.

I haven't really done much in November here, other than go out for some food with Alba, Saoirse and Noelia so here are a few photos of that. 


GOAAAAAAL

I CAME IN LIKE A WRECKING BALL
okay Alba get off now
Alba GET OFF

right that's it I've had enough
hello and welcome to my crib



 So that's it! My favourite memories of 2013, done and dusted. There's been some bad moments, but there's been plenty of good ones to make up for them. I'm excited to look back on this blog post in year's to come and look back on some fantastic memories. 

What are some of your favourite memories of 2013? :)

☃ ❄

No comments:

Post a Comment