Friday 31 January 2014

January Favourites

Hello everyone!

So, it's coming towards the end of the first month of 2014. Can you believe how fast it's gone?! For me this month has truly flown by and I'm pretty that has something to do with me having my first exams of the year, getting back into a routine and therefore just not having as much free time as I would like. This is probably a good thing considering it means I'm not spending all my time lying in bed, eating and scrolling endlessly through tumblr. Instead, I am getting out there and getting stuff done, which some of you may remember was one of my 2014 resolutions. Here's hoping I continue it!

So, as it's coming to the end of the month I thought that a fitting blogpost would be my January favourites! I don't go through enough products to make this a monthly thing, but since doing my September favourites and my 2013 favourites, I seem to have accumulated enough stuff to make a post about it! I know many people tend to just stick to beauty, but I thought I'd do a whole collection of stuff.

  • Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation: I vaguely remember mentioning this in a previous blog post, back when I'd only used it once or twice, but this is now my go to foundation! I have it in the "True Ivy" shade thanks to my pale as pale can be complexion. I tend to use skin glow or tinted moisteriser in the Summer but will definitely be looking into buying a darker shade of this foundation too! Unlike most people, I haven't found it too glittery and I have found it easy to blend. Something else that draws me to it is the smell! God know's why, but I actually think it smells really nice. I'd definitely recommend it. 

  • Rimmel Glam Eyes HD Eye-Shadow Palette in Goldon Eye: Yes, another Rimmel beauty item! I'm clearly loving them at the minute and I am DEFINITELY loving this palette! Unfortunately I'm not a big fan of the applier that comes with it as I want it a bit too small and much prefer using either a brush or my fingers but that is my only complaint. Other than that, I love the colours, find them easy to mix and also easy to blend. I will definitely be looking into buying some of the other palettes available. 
                                             
  • Mac Eyeshadow in "Honey Lust" shade: I recently found this in one of my make-up bags! An excellent finding, I'm sure we can all agree. The only downside is I have no idea where it's come from or how old it is. I know you should throw away your eye make-up every three to four months or so, but let's be honest, I'm not going to throw something like this away! I've used it once or twice since finding it and haven't seemed to have had any problems, but I'll still be keeping an eye out just in case... Pun definitely not intended. It is rather perfect and dreamy though, isn't it? I'm slightly worried that I'm now going to get into the "Once you go Mac, you'll never go back" phase, so someone may need to hold me back next time I see a Mac beauty counter. Just a heads up for some of my friends there.
         
  • Midi rings: Obsessed, obsessed, obsessed. I got quite a few for Christmas from two of my best friends, Meg and Amita (click here to read about that) and I don't think I've taken them off since. My right hand is slightly more "decorated" than my left and, as I'm right handed, I struggled to write at first but I'm near enough used to it now. I WANT MORE.
  • And the final of my January favourites is a quote from Summer in the City, the second book in the "The Carrie Diaries" series. Very deep and emotional of me, I know, but I actually think it's a really good quote to live by:
             "Thinking you don't have an unhealthy pattern is an unhealthy pattern in itself. And everyone have something unhealthy from their childhood. If you don't deal with it, it can ruin your life."

So that's it then, my January 2014 favourites! I wish I got through enough products and had enough money to buy new products on a monthly basis but unfortunately, I don't. Maybe one day!

Let me know some of your January favourites in the comments below, or things you loved towards the end of last year!

❤❤

No comments:

Post a Comment