Two days ago, I brought you my top picks of beauty advent calendars, which I know might not be everyone's cup of tea (excellent pun for what's to be featured in today's post...) so today I'm bringing you my non-beauty favourites! This ranges from toys to alcohol, so there's definitely something in there for everyone...
- John Lewis Wooden Advent Calendar: I figured I'd start with the easiest one. This is great if you fancy doing something a bit more creative and filling it up yourself. It's obviously reusable, so it might be more economical in the long run and also makes for a great Christmas decoration. Price:
- Topshop Jewellery Christmas Advent Calendar: Also known as every Topshop lover's dream. We all know just how expensive Topshop jewellery can be, and just the store in general really, so it's great to know that you can get 24 separate pieces of jewellery for a set price. Includes twelve pairs of stud earrings, four ditsy fine bracelets and eight ditsy charm short necklaces in both silver and gold look finishes with rhinestone details. Price: £30.
- Yankee Candle Calendar 2014: Each day reveals a tealight candle in one of six seasonal scents, including an extra candle on the 24th, perfect for Christmas day. Fragrances included are: Icicles, Angel's Wings, Snowflake Cookie, Cranberry Ice, Christmas Cookie and Christmas Garland. Price: £21,99.
- Drinks by the Dram: A gin advent calendar? We really have heard it all. Selfridges actually have a wide range of alcohol based advent calendars, including gin, beer, whisky and many more. I chose to feature this one just because I love the Festive packaging. I'm not even the biggest fan of gin, but nearly everyone else in my family is, so this would be perfect for them. The only downside is that it's a bit on the pricey side. Price: £110.00
- Playmobil, Lego and Barbie: From one extreme to the other. There's a great range of kids advent calendars available at the moment, all for great prices. Amazon and John Lewis especially have a great range. This is a nice touch for children who perhaps aren't allowed chocolate. Though, of course, this isn't just for kids. I know a few adults who are partial to a bit of Playmobil! Price: £12,99.
- Smiggle Advent Calendar: Another great choice for kids. This particular one is full of 25 pieces of stationary. I love the fact that it has 25 doors and not 24, as most companies seem to forget that there is supposed to be 25! It just doesn't feel right on Christmas Day, waking up and not being able to open your calendar. Not only will kids get a lot of fun out of this, you'll also be saving on school supplies. Price: £20.
- Advent Calender of Tea: This is perhaps the most creative advent calendar featured in this post. Who would have thought of making a tea advent calendar?! Someone British no doubt, as we are all partial to a cup of tea. Who knew there were so many different types?! I love how it comes with a wide variety of string and Christmas bags. All in all, a lovely touch. Shipping to the U.K is free, with prices varying with International delivery. Price: £50.
And that's it! I hope you've enjoyed these past two posts and have perhaps given you some inspiration.
Let me know in the comments if you've ever tried any of this, or if you've already got your advent calender.