Sunday 12 October 2014

Wanderlust Tag.

I am a massive fan of travelling. Even if I'm offered the opportunity to go to a town that I've never been to and that is just ten minutes away, chances are, I'll go. The culture, the food, the architecture... I just love everything about it. In fact, #1 on my Bucket List might just be to see as much as the World as I can. I could go on for days about how much I love to travel but, for now, I'll just stick to the Wanderlust Tag...

1. Your most treasured passport stamp?
I don't think I've ever gone anywhere further enough to warrant a stamp! This is something I plan on rectifying this coming Summer, with a trip to South Africa.

2. Can you recite your passport # from memory if asked?
No, I have better things to think about, haha.


3. Preferred method of travel; planes, trains or automobiles?
Planes! You can so much further in a lot less time. Saying that, I do love trains and cars. After all, you're talking to the girl that did a 22 hour road trip to Paris.

4. Top 3 travel items?
A camera (including charger, memory cards and everything that comes with it!), a cushion because you never know where you're going to end up sleeping and a comfy pair of shoes because, chances are, you're going to be doing a lot of walking.

5. Hostel or hotel?
I am more than happy in either, but I don't think you have to day in a 5* hotel so have a great time. It's more about getting out and exploring the place where you're staying than spending your time having a soak in the swimming pool sized bath in your hotel room. Not that I'd say no to that mind...

6. Are you a repeat visitor or do you explore new places?
I love to go to new places but I don't think I'll ever get tired of Paris.

7. Do you read up on your destination (culture,  history, safety) or do you wing it?
My Gran always gets me a guidebook when she finds out that I'm off on my travels, especially if it's somewhere in France. If she doesn't get a chance, then I always make sure to check out Trip Adviser or to ask a friend's advice.

8. Favorite travel website?
Trip Advisor! They always have the best things to do on there. Failing that, it's always worth checking out a country's/city's official page and getting as much information as you can out of it.

9. Where would you recommend a friend to visit? Name city & why.
Paris, simply because it's Paris. I truly believe that everyone should be given the opportunity to visit Paris in their lifetime. It's such a beautiful city and I just love everything about it. I'm looking to visit again sometime this year. You'll find that you can get there cheap enough, with trains or flights sometimes costing just 25€, and the hostels are cheap enough. Just beware of the 8€ bottles of water!

10, You're leaving tomorrow, money is no option, where are you going?
I spent a while thinking about this and I still don't have an answer, so I'm going to take an easy way out. This might be a bit of a cheat answer, but I'd go on a trip around the World. There would be no time limit on it, I'd take my time exploring each and every place that I found myself in. If you feel like that answer wasn't good enough because I basically cheated my way out of it, then I'd say my top five picks would have to be Australia, South Africa, Italy, New York and Costa Rica. Yes, I know I mainly picked countries, but it was just too hard to pick!

Some photos from my travels: 







  



Hope you enjoyed this tag.
What is your favourite place that you've ever visited?

No comments:

Post a Comment