Saturday 24 October 2015

Autumn Nail Polish Picks.

As I've already shared with you my Autumn Essentials and my Autumn make-up, I thought I'd share my top 5 Autumn nail varnishes. I use nail varnish to express myself - adding a pop of colour to an otherwise monochrome outfit or a neutral colour to a bright outfit. Like clothes, I like my nail varnish to paint my mood (pun not intended) and I always have my nails panted. I'm not ashamed to admit that my collection is rather large. Due to travelling, a lot of my nail varnishes are back at home and, boy was it hard to pick out the ones to bring with me. I did it by season. I'll be away all of Autumn and most of Winter, so I knew that I wouldn't want lots of bright colours.


*Left to right on my nails*
  • Shade 365, Tattoo Rose, KIKO: I'm not too sure how to describe this colour. The only thing that I can think of is that, in some lights, it reminds be of barbecue sauce.Bit weird, I know, but I still think it's very autumnal.
  • Orange, Cynthia Rowley: Orange just seems autumnal to me. It makes me think of Halloween (mainly pumpkins), but also of the leaves that are constantly changing colour.
  • Yellow, Cynthia Rowley: I own three different yellows, something some might consider a bit excessive. I like to think that each one is for a different season. I picked this one by Cynthia Rowley for Autumn because, like the orange, it makes me think of the leaves, changing colour and falling from the trees. I guess I like to match my fingernails to my surrounds.
  • Shade 336, Electric Blue, KIKO: I debated as to whether this was an autumnal or winter colour - I even asked Google, though they weren't very helpful and suggested both, but I eventually settled on Autumn as I have other blues that are more 'Winter'. I find any nail varnish with the word electric in it is probably suited to Autumn.
  • 364, KIKO: This has actually been discontinued and, if I'm honest, I'd forgotten I actually owned this, so it was a nice surprise when I found it. I'd originally planned on including a glittery black colour, perfect for Halloween, but it had unfortunately dried out, so it's a good job I found this!
What are your Autumn nail varnish picks?
Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment