Wednesday 21 October 2015

Simple Jewellery.

This time last year, I was obsessed with chunky & statement jewellery - now, I'm now obsessed with simple jewellery. Talk about going from one extreme to the other, eh? I do still love statement jewellery, I just seem to have stopped looking for it when I go into shops. That's probably down to just how expensive it is. Now that I don't have to save my pennies to buy one necklace, I've been building my collection of simple jewellery. Here are some of my favourite pieces...

  • I own quite a few simple chain necklaces, but my favourite are these two; one is silver, with a skull, and the other is gold, with a small bar. I don't know where the first is from as it was a present, but the latter is from H&M. Having one gold necklace and another silver one, both of which I adore, comes in handy, as it means I always have a necklace to wear.
  • Something I have been given a lot of over the past year is midi-rings. Midi-rings are something that you either love or you hate and, thankfully for the friends that bought them for me, I love them. I have had some strange remarks from family members though. They don't quite seem to understand the concept and think that rings belong firmly at the bottom of your fingers.
  • ZARA and Topshop are no longer the only shops that offer decent jewellery. In my opinion, their jewellery was still slightly expensive anyway and, unfortunately, out of my price range. Luckily for me, shops like Stradivarius, Pull and Bear, Bershka, etc. have really stepped up their game jewellery wise. Something I picked up recently were these things from Pull & Bear, and it's safe to say that I will definitely be going back for more.
  • I have four bracelets that I wear on a daily basis - five if you include my T in the Park festival wristband. I've had the three bracelets for years and they only come off when I'm in the shower or swimming. There were more, but they've worn as the years have gone by. Right now, I'm left with some slightly more sturdy ones; the first being your normal, everyday coloured thread bracelet, the second a Fatima's hand bracelet, which apparently brings luck and the third was a birthday present. The last one has small bells on that seem to annoy everyone but me, as I don't even notice them!

Is there anything you've been loving recently?
Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment