Thursday 25 February 2016

February in Photos.

February is a month that has bought a lot of change for me, with the biggest being moving half-way across the world to Perth, Australia. I had no plan, I just knew that I was going to head off on an adventure. I don't even know how long I'm going to be here for, which meant I had to say my goodbyes to some of my favourite people and also my favourite places. 


I headed to Australia on the 7th of February, which meant the first seven days of February were spent not sorting everything out and packing, but instead whizzing about and barely even entering my flat. I actually spent the first day of Feb. flying back from Spain, where I'd spent the last week of January, visiting my Mam and also some friends. I somehow managed to pop my knee in and out of place on the plane back to Gatwick, so that was interesting and also very painful. From Gatwick, I headed to my grandparents' house in Blackheath, where I stayed for a few days to spend time with them.


Next up was visiting my favourite places with my favourite people. You've seen blog posts of a few of these days and the rest are yet to come, as I took a lot of photos. I love to document memories and I knew these were going to be some good ones. I definitely ticked some places and experiences off of my London Bucket List: Hamstead Heath, The Sky Garden, Kensington Palace and then a day spent with my best friend, Ariadna, doing typical touristy stuff, like visiting Buckingham Palace. Oh, and I also met the cast of Zoolander 2! More of that to come soon but let's just say that Ben Stiller was an absolute babe, and also very, very short. I think I was about a foot taller than him.






And then it was time to head to Australia. I had done a lot of travelling yet never seemed to make it out of Europe but between the 7th and the 9th of February, I visited three continents (Europe, Asia and Oceania), while also flying over Africa, was in too many time-zones to count and also somehow managed to only get three hours sleep in 58 hours, but I'd say it was totally worth it and I'd do it all again in a heartbeat, disgusting plane food and all. 




Though I'm planning on hopefully doing quite a bit of travelling while in Australia, I'm currently based in Perth. Since arriving, I have experienced the bluest skies, the clearest seas and the most beautiful sunsets. I don't think I will ever tire of any of those things. Oh, and Australian men are actually beautiful. It's not even funny. They're all tanned and seemed to have tattoos and six-packs.



I've also started eating cleaner and exercising on a daily basis too. I had quite an accident almost three years ago now and I used that as an excuse to just laze around and, as a consequence, I became very unfit, something I'd otherwise never been used to. I'm excited to get back to how I used to be! I think I've only ever been to a gym a grand total of one time and it was always too cold, grey & raining to work-out in London, but as it's Summer, hot and sunny in Perth at the minute, I am loving getting outside and working-out. Jogging, cycling and kayaking are my favourites at the minute. 


Can we please talk about the fact that there are actual kangaroos just roaming around? Like you look around and you see them bouncing along in fields and instead of there being signs warning about the possibility of cows crossing the road, like there are in England and Spain, there are signs about kangaroos. I have also seen a wallaby and alpacas. I AM OFFICIALLY IN AUSTRALIA. 




How has your February gone?
Let me know in the comments below!

1 comment: