Thursday, 26 May 2016

I Think I'm in Love.

KIKO is easily my favourite make-up brand. There isn't an item I've tried that I haven't loved. It's affordable, excellent quality, long lasting... I could talk about it all day. Yes, there's NARS, Charlotte Tilbury, Bobbi Brown and other more expensive brands, but why should I spend money that I don't have on things I can't afford when I can buy something just as good for a third of the price? You probably know my love of KIKO, considering I mention them in most posts, but I still thought I'd share some of my favourite products of theirs, like I did a few months ago with Clinique products...

  • Mat Mouse Foundation: This is a seriously good foundation, and I've tried my fair share of foundations. It's long-lasting, has high coverage (seriously - it's great for hiding blemishes, redness and dark circles) and is actually matte - you won't even need powder, but you will need to blend well. It's got such high coverage that you don't even really need concealer. It's available in 14 different shades.
  • Natural Green Concealer: Having suffered from acne, I have quite a few scars and patches of red on my face, which I cover with green concealer. I apply it underneath my foundation and blend it with the same brush I use for my normal concealer. Unlike most other green concealers, this one is easy to blend out and, once blended, doesn't leave chalky or green patches behind. A must if you suffer from redness or acne. The best part? It doesn't leave you looking like Shrek.
  • 3D Lifting Concealer: This has since been discontinued (sob), but is still available in foundation form. I actually ran out of it a while ago, but it seems to have stuck in my mind. I remember buying this around the time that my acne was at it's worse. I mainly used it to cover my acne to the best of my ability (I'm no Lisa Eldridge), but also to cover my bags. I'm hoping they bring this back but, if not, then I'll just have to buy the foundation. I say that like it's a bad thing!
  • Eyeshadows: KIKO sell many different eyeshadows. There are the shadowsticks (great dupe for By Terry shadowsticks), water eyeshadows (similar to the NARS ones), pigments (like MAC's) and then there are the normal eyeshadows. Other than the shadowstick, I own some colour sphere eyeshadows (both in single and duo form) and infinity eyeshadows. My favourite colour sphere is 33 Burnt Umber, which looks great on its own or blended out with other eyeshadows. My favourite normal eyeshadow is Pearly Salmon which, other than being a great aeyeshadow, acts as my go to highlighter. With all the different types and shades, their eyeshadows are definitely something to look at - there's definitely something for everyone.
  • Nail Lacquer: This is probably my most owned product from KIKO. My friends joke that I probably own more nail polishes than the shop itself. I seem to walk out with a new one each time I pop in, which happens to be quite often. They are honestly the best nail polishes I've ever used and this is probably down to how long they last. I've had some of them last a few before chipping, and that was without a base and a top coat. Below is a photo of some of my favourites...
  • Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadow: You know the By Terry Ombré Blackstar shadowsticks that everyone rants and raves about? Yeah, well as pretty as they are, I'm not about to spend £30 on one. I'll stick to KIKO's £6.90 version (or £3.90 in the sale!) instead. They're incredibly long lasting, look great blended out all over the lid and also with other colours. Another way I use them is as an eyeliner. My favourite is the 05 Rosy Brown, which I managed to get in the sale for £3.90. I'll definitely be back for more, and considering they come in 32 shades, I don't think I'll be short of choice.
  • Top Coat: As well as normal nail varnishes, fake nails, nail art, matte colours, metallic colours, etc., they also offer a great range of nail care. Though I haven't tried that much from the range (I currently have my eye on their Nourishing Oil, Ultra Long Base and their Stop Biting polish), something I have gotten a lot of use out of is their Gel Look topcoat, the best top coat I've ever used.

  • Lipsticks: Just like the many eyeshadows on offer, KIKO also have a vast range of lipsticks. There are mattes, lip glosses, lip stains, lip pencils, creams... The whole lot! My favourites are the Velvet Mat Satin lipstick in the shade 604 Bright Orange (perfect for Summer!) and the Unlimited Stylo in the shade 03 Hibiscus Red (perfect for Spring and Summer). Just like all their other products, the lipsticks are incredibly long lasting and have great pigmentation. The Hibiscus Red is probably my favourite lipstick of all time. I recently went out early in the morning and got back late it night, having eaten three meals and snacks, and my lipstick was still in tact. My friend was genuinely shocked and asked me how I'd achieved it. I had no problem telling her that I'd only applied one coat and hadn't added any powder. 


Have you tried any products from KIKO?
If so, what are you favourite products? 
Let me know in the comments below!