Tuesday 22 April 2014

Miley Cyrus for Marc Jacobs Spring 2014 Ad Campaign

I've always been a fan of Marc Jacobs. Whether it be clothes, bags, shoes, etc. I tend like it. One of my favourite perfumes is even Marc Jacobs - Eau So Fresh. Having always enjoyed their products and ad campaigns, I was excited yet anxious to see just what they'd come up with for their new Spring 2014 ad campaign. Would they live up to those from previous years, featuring the likes of Elle Fanning, Victoria Beckham, Helena Bonham Carter or Dakota Fanning? Answer, in my opinion: no.

The newest star to be featured is none other than Miley Cyrus. I don't know about you but whenever I hear the name Miley Cyrus, high fashion are not the first words that come to mind. Tongue, MTV awards and latex are probably slightly more appropriate. Don't get me wrong, I like Miley's voice and agree with what she is trying to get across about feminism, a point that many don't seem to get, but is her pout really what millions across the World wanted to see? Surely we see enough of that on the front cover of every magazine and across social media



There's no denying that Miley looks better than she has done recently, but has Marc just chosen Miley in order to sell his brand? Obviously this is the key intention with most brands; sell, sell, sell, but with all the negative press she has been receiving lately, was she really the best person to go with?


Marc has previously stated that he wanted girls looking sulky and broody, which is what he though Miley and two female friends brought, and that Miley looked like a natural. I can't say I agree.



To sum it up, I felt the whole piece was more centered around Miley than the clothes and the brand itself.

What do you think of the latest Marc Jacobs ad campaign? Do you think Miley was the right person to go with? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment