Wednesday 17 December 2014

2014 Favourites - Blogmas Day 17.

2014 has been a year filled with tonnes of great things, so many in fact that I found it impossible to pick just a few items that I've loved throughout the year. I could go on for days (or pages) about the things I've been loving, so I've picked out some categories and will be filling you in on each one. In some cases, I've included two - one high street and one more high end.


  • Shoe: Who would have thought that in the 2014, I would bite the bullet and buy a pair of good trainers? Admittedly, I haven't actually gone for a run in them and it was more for fashion purposes than anything, but I most definitely don't regret buying them. I went on a hike in them and wear them four out of seven days of the week, so they were definitely worth it, right?!

          The next pick is definitely more me. Having almost picking up an almost exact pair from                     Topshop, but for five times the price, I'm so glad I held my nerve and promptly closed the                   website. It led to me finding this pair, from Primark, for just 15€.

  • Make-Up: Despite my first pick having been purchased just over a month ago, it's already a firm 2014 favourite of mine. Who knew how much life could improve with a bit of bronzer? It gives even my face, which slightly resembles a football, a bit of structure. 


My drugstore make-up favourite are my Real Techniques Core Collection brushes. I genuinely can't remember how I did my make-up before buying these. What did I use? What did I look like? (Best not to answer that one). These just go to show that just because they're not the most expensive item, doesn't mean they're not the best. I'll definitely be buying more of these.

  • Nail Varnish: There have been two nail varnishes that I've been loving this year. Whether it be Autumn or Spring, Summer or Winter, these two have both been on my nails and, surprise surprise, they're both from KIKO. The first is a nude colour and I am truly obsessed. I've already gone through two bottles of the stuff and have already purchased a third.



Despite being 'over' bright nail varnishes, I feel like this one will always be a firm favourite. Great for adding a pop of colour to otherwise completely black outfits, and I actually think it's a great colour for Christmas.



  • Favourite Piece of Jewellery: My high-street picks are a necklace and bracelet that were presents from my friends for my 18th birthday. I'm obsessed with both and wear them everyday, especially now that I now that the bells on my bracelet annoy one of my best friends, haha! Every now and again, I'll look at her and she'll just be staring at me. Sorry, Saoirse.

            I couldn't write about my favourite jewellery and not include my D&G watch. Despite being              in my posession for three years now, I still love it more and more each day. The white strap         that slowly going brown? Yeah, not so much. I definitely need to do something about that.


  • Scent: DKNY featured in my 2013 favourites and it's safe to say nothing's changed. Despite having run out of both of the bottles that I own some time in mid-July, I've kept hold of one of the bottles and will occasionally spray the air inside, just to have a whiff of the vague smell that's left. My life just won't be complete until I get my hands on another bottle.
          I couldn't take about scents and not talk about my ZARA perfume. I bought this some time in            June, and I'm not even half way through the bottle, despite using it every single day and                      probably spraying more than I should! So cheap, love the bottle and I'm obsessed with the                    smell. I wore this on the day I went for a nine hour hike and, one back at the bottom of the                  mountain we climbed, I was told that I smelt nice. Amazing.

  • Song: As someone that both loves music and basically listens to music for about 80% of her day, it's safe to say that I've gone through quite a few favourite songs. Some are songs that I rediscovered, others are new and some have just been on repeat for the majority of the year. Some of my favourites include: 
Willow Smith - 5 (Feat. Jaden Smith)
John Legend - All of Me
Kanye West - Cold
Ariana Grande - My Everything
Troye Sivan - Happy Little Pill
Beyoncé - Flawless (Feat. Nicki Minaj)
Childish Gambino - IV Sweatpants
Kanye West - Lost in the World
Beyoncé - Haunted
Jhené Aiko - Stay Ready (What A Life)
Hozier - Take Me To Church 

Too many? Probably.
  • Film: 2013 was, in my opinion, a great year for films, so 2014 was going to be a hard one to follow. After all, what could top The Great Gatsby and About Time, which are both some of my favourite films of all time. This year I loved Mockingjay, The Amazing Spiderman 2, Gone Girl, Divergent and, of course, The Fault in Our Stars.
  • Book: I seem to have made the most out of my free time and read quite a lot throughout 2014. Some of my favourites include the Divergent series, The Fault in Our Stars, Alexa Chung - It and a special mention has to be made to Harry Potter, a book series that I'm currently rereading for the first time in ages.
  • Album: Sam Smith - In The Lonely Hour, Troye Sivan - TRXYE, Jhené Aiko - Sail Out and Jhené Aiko - Souled Out were all albums constantly on repeat throughout this year. A special mention has to go out to Beyoncé's self-titled album too. I know it came out in December 2013, but not a day goes by where I don't listen to at least one of the songs from said album.
  • A Blog Post of Somebody Else: André Leon Talley's Kimye Wedding Diary, simply because who would have ever imagined Vogue covering Kimye's wedding? Not to mention the fact that I love both Kim and Kanye. Other than that, I have loved every single article ever written on the Coveteur website, especially wardrobe tours from the likes of Ashley Benson, Nicole Richie, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Monica Rose. 
  • Memory: As you may or may not have seen in my 2014 memories posts, from January to June and also from July to December, I've definitely had some great times this year. One of the things I loved the most was this Summer, mainly my time spent in England and then exploring Spain a bit more. 



  • Quote:

Start ignoring people who threaten your joy. 
Literally, ignore them. 

Say nothing. 

Don’t invite any parts of them into your space.
  • Designer/Brand: Givenchy will always be my #1, as will Riccardo Tisci, but this year I've also been loving Balmain (I adore Olivier Rousteing), Valentino and Stella McCartney. Victoria Beckham has also been doing great and absolutely killed it with her latest collection. Very impressive. 


  • Moment in the World of Fashion: Kendall Jenner. Need I say more? The fact that she is just a few mere months older than me actually makes me feel like I need to lie down (or go out there and start achieving my dreams). From dancing in the rain with Alexander Wang and Olivier Rousteing at the palace of Versailles, to walking in a number of some of the biggest shows in fashion, to recently being announced as the new face of Estée Lauder, she is definitely killing it. 
  • Instagram Account: The people I attempt to model my Instagram account on. Having spent the majority of 2014 phoneless or having a virus on my phone which led to Instagram not working, I'm failing. Oh well, there's always 2015, eh?
Connor Franta
anddicted
Ben Brown
  • My Instagram: Based on likes and personal choice. This definitely wasn't a bad place to spend my Summer, and represents those three months perfectly. I'm already looking forward to going back.

What are some of your 2014 favourites?
Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment