Thursday 4 December 2014

Christmas Gift Guide For Mums - Blogmas Day 4.

I know a few bloggers/vloggers do this, so I thought I'd also jump on the bandwagon and do a Christmas Gift Guide, to be published throughout December, starting with Mums. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I'm pretty awesome at buying presents, especially when it comes to my Mam. After all, I'm probably one of very few people in the world to buy their Mam a wheelbarrow for Christmas. I've had this year's presents picked out since about June and ended up picking so many that's there's enough left for next year (and possibly the year after that...). Don't worry, though, there's no wheelbarrows to be seen here.


1Traditional Ice-Cream Scoop, Lakeland: Because who wants to spend their life bending spoons as they attempt to get the ever-so-frozen ice-cream out of the pot? 


2. Printable Menu, Weekly Food Planner, Etsy: If your Mam is anything like mine, she loves nothing more than making lists. Lists, lists of lists, you name it, she has a list of it - including lists of meals. I thought this was a great idea, especially as it's practically free!


3. Vintage Style Glass Heart Tea Light Holder, NotOnTheHighStreet:  Who doesn't love a good candle?! We seem to go throw them by the bucket load in my house, so some tea light holders would make the perfect cute. If you're on a very tight budget or NotOnTheHighStreet doesn't shop anywhere near you, then making your own out of yoghurt pots is a great idea.


4. Diary, National Trust:  I hope it's not just my Mam who seems to forget her name half the time. Unlike me, who just seems to make a mental note of everything in my head, my Mam has to have it written down. If it's not written down, it doesn't get done. She's been a member of the National Trust for years and years now, and is an avid fan of their diaries, so I'll definitely be picking this up in time for Christmas.


5. Rose Toiletry Bag, Marks and Spencer: Who doesn't love a bit of a pamper evening? Marks & Spencer offer a variety of toiletries perfect for a pamper night, evening in or even just a bath/shower, and all for great prices too. They often have offers on leading up to Christmas, so it's definitely worth a look. If not Marks and Spencer, then I'd definitely recommend The Body Shop, too.


6. Morito Cookbook, Amazon:  There's only so many Jaime Oliver cookbooks that can fit/should be allowed in one household, so how about branching out a bit? And no, I don't mean Nigella. I know my Mam's been after the latest Moro cookbook for a while now and know that she recommends it to anyone that will listen. If your Mam isn't really the cooking type, then the authors of Moro actually have  few restaurants based in London. They're quite expensive so a nice lunch out would also go down a treat.


7. Pineapple Corer, Amazon:  No, it's not a wheelbarrow, but it is almost just as random. I still plan on getting her it though, just to see the look on her face when she opens it. I don't even think my Mam likes pineapple that much, but I most certainly do. It's a win-win for everybody.


8. Cheeseboard, Tesco:  Who doesn't love a themed chopping board?! Well, I can't really say if I'm honest as, up until now, I've never actually seen one. I do quite like the idea of the alcohol based one but, as my Mam has a pop-up restaurant in which one of the courses is a cheeseboard, I think she'd really enjoy the Stilton, Cheddar and Brie one! 


And then there are the obvious choices like chocolates, jewellery, flower and perfume. I'd personally recommend anything from the Jo Malone range.

What will you be getting your Mam for Christmas? 
Can you think of anything that I might have missed?
Let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment