Tuesday 23 December 2014

July - December 2014 Memories - Blogmas Day 23.

Having written my January - June 2014 favourites over two weeks ago, and now that 2014 is officially coming to a close, I think it's time to look back on July - December. This selection of photos are definitely a lot more Summer based, so be warned - you might just miss the warmer months after seeing this! 


July: 
  • SUMMER: That basically sums up three and a half months of last year pretty well. This photo was actually taken on the 22nd of June, the day I broke up for Summer, but we'll let that slide. Despite not being at home for about a month and a half of those 14 weeks, this is still where I seemed to spend most of my Summer.


  • My Mam's Birthday: Which brought me the 'World's Best Daughter award, for obvious reasons. It's not like we didn't know that already though. My brother had originally stolen my title for 'World's Best Child' after giving my Mam a gift that I couldn't give her: two grandchildren. I know I'm back at the top now though.


  • Beach and Pool Days: Despite not spending as much time as I would have liked with Alba and Saoirse this Summer, we definitely make the most of every moment, with the majority of the time being spent at various pools, with Casarabonela (read about that here) being a personal favourite, or at the beach.





August: 
  • I Went to Africa?: There was some slight confusion when I uploaded this to Instagram with the title 'Hello, Africa!'. I probably should have made it clear that I hadn't just spontaneously gone to Africa, I was just at one of the most southern points of Spain where you can very clearly see Africa. And by clearly, I mean that hazy line you can see in the distance is actually Africa.


  • England: Come August, it was time to say goodbye to the heat of Spain and hello to the wet and rainy motherland: England. It wasn't actually that wet and rainy though, it was quite warm! As well as England, I also went on a weekend getaway to a farm in Scotland, where I fed some cows, drove a quadbike (which I crashed hahahaha) and went to Caerlaverock castle. No, I don't know how to say it either. This was also a great chance to spend time with family and friends. There are more photos of that trip here.





September: 
  • Sunrise: I definitely had my fair share of sleeping problems in the Summer. I'd spend each and every night unable to sleep, only to fall asleep at about 6am and then get up just two hours later or in the middle of the afternoon. On one particular night that I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep, Alba, Saoirse and I decided to stay up all night and watch the sunrise. I don't think any of us expected it to be quite so beautiful. More on that here.



  • Said Goodbye to Summer: Yes, on the eve of my eighteenth birthday it was time to say goodbye to Summer and start my final year of college. College in Spain is very different to college in England, and by that I mean we're only two months in and I'm 100% to either spend everyday crying and throw away my future or throw myself off a cliff. Sunrises like this to make it that bit better though.


  • Took Full Advantage of the Final Day of Summer: What better way to spend your final day of Summer then with one of your best friends by the pool? There are probably a few, but this is definitely up there with the best.


  • Birthday Galore: I went into more detail on this in my September Memories post, but this definitely deserved a mention in my July - December 2014 Memories post. September was full of birthdays, including my own! All my friends seemed to be turning 16, 18 or 20, which seemed to make it even more special.


October:
  • Went On a Hike: Our P.E teacher, who is actually a very good friend of ours somehow persuaded us to go on a hike. Now, I'm in no way fit, but I'm not exactly unfit either, or at least that's what I thought. It's good to know I wasn't the only one that struggled though. I won't go into it (I'll cry, hahaha) but our History teacher, who also came with us, calls it "that tragic day". Even him, who is very fit, as in active wise (though he is certainly not bad to look at) looked at me when we were on the way down and went 'I want to cry'. Amazing. I don't think we'll be rushing back. The photo I've included below is actually from just half way up!

  • Halloween: Once again, I've actually already written about this, but it was such a good night it just had to be included. Yeah, getting dressed up and going out is fun, but sometimes a night in with your favourite people, talking, watching films and carving pumpkins is just what you need.


November: 
  • My Niece and Nephew: My brother recently broke his phone so has been asking me to go through the photos he's sent me of my niece and nephew and to send them back to him. It's so weird going through them all, witnessing how much they've changed and how they're becoming proper people. It's also nice to know that my niece has finally decided that Oscar isn't quite a doll that wants his eyes pulling out...

What's been your favourite memory of 2014?
Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment